Sunday, 24 January 2016

Max Factor Lasting Performance Foundation Review

 
Hello!
Recently I wanted a change of my foundation and wanted to try a different brand and something completely new. I have used the No7 Stay Perfect foundation for about 2 years now, however I wanted to see if I could find a fuller coverage one. I went to my local Boots and asked for their advice and the woman suggested the Max Factor Lasting Performance foundation.
 
 


First impressions of this foundation was that it applied easily, it was lovely and lightweight and doesn't feel thick on the skin, or caked on when applied lightly. It's a nice texture and glides on easily.
 

I stupidly bought a shade too dark, I think, and it did look quite orange. When researching this foundation I found a lot of other people have had this problem, that it is quite an orange tone with most of the shades. However saying this, if I applied it very lightly it did look quite natural, but if too much product was used it looked "caked on."

The point I want to make most clear with this review is that the product is supposed to be "lasting," if I wiped my face accidentally, or had a drink or something to eat, my foundation would come off. I've never had this problem before, and it's very unlikely that it is because the shade is slightly darker than what I usually wear, because I have done it in the past (during my younger days and being unaware that it was too dark) and different foundations have never done this. I would say at the most it lasts a few hours, then become quite patchy, especially in my t-zone, and this would be if I hadn't touched my face at all - even by using primer and a setting powder.

Overall, it is an okay foundation. I think I will be sticking to my no7 foundation however, as this one just doesn't have a lasting finish. I think maybe in the future I will purchase a better shade for my skin tone and try this again, but I think I will have the same opinion.

Have you tried the Max Factor Lasting Performance foundation? What are your thoughts? Let me know in the comments

Holls xo

2 comments

  1. Have you reviewed the No.7 foundation? If not I'd love to see one, I'm intrigued! Such a shame this foundation didn't work out for you, although I can't say I've ever heard of it
    Jess | www.beautifulbreakable.com ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't yet I'm afraid, I have reviewed the other no7 foundation [can't think of the name!] but not this one yet, I will be soon though as I haven't found a better foundation!

      Delete

My photo
22 year old textile designer & mum to a little miracle.
© Fallingforgrace
Maira Gall