Monday, 15 February 2016

mummy tag

Hello! 
I've been tagged quite a few times to do this post, so seen as its 'Mummy Monday' I thought I'd finally do it, here goes.. 

1. Are you a Stay at Home Mum, or a Working Mum?
Right now I'm a stay at home mum, childcare costs A LOT and all my family works so I financially can't afford to go back to work. However when Grace goes to Nursery my aim is to train to be a teaching assistant. 

2. Would you have it any other way?
I love being at home with Grace every day and seeing her grow, it is the best thing ever and I'm glad I am able to. However, because she is with me most of the time, she isn't very independent when we're at play groups and she is very shy so I think next year when she goes to nursery it will do her good.

3. Do you co-sleep?
Not intentionally - Grace was always a brilliant sleeper and slept in her own bed, but then she had a lot of illnesses from November until January which I then found out was asthma attacks so she slept in my bed, since then it's been hard getting her back in her own bed. 

4. What is your one must-have item for your baby?
This is a hard one, I think there are so many brilliant baby items out there now-a-days, but probably a grow-bag has been the most long lasting for my daughter. It takes the stress away from thinking whether they'll move covers over them self and worrying, plus my daughter won't sleep without hers now.

5. How many kids do you plan on having?
Just the 1 is fine by me at the moment! Haha. 

6. Date night? How many nights per month?
I'm a single parent so haven't had one of these! I haven't actually left Grace with anyone for longer than a few hours, but once I move my mum has asked to have Grace stay over.

7. Your childs favourite show?
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.. I literally dream about this programme! 

8. Name one thing you bought before you had your baby and never ended up using?
Grace was in hospital for the first 3 months when she was born so I didn't really get that many things, when I spoke to someone after she was born it's a common thing for parents who know they'll have a nicu baby because of the fear of loss, so I didn't have anything that she didn't use. The one thing I did buy after she was born that barely got any use, was her baby swing. She used the neo-natal one whilst in hospital so I bought one for when she was home however she rarely went in it because she had a play mat and other little things that she was unable to use in the hospital, so that was a bit of a waste of money. 

9. Your child’s favourite food?
She loves food! Probably Yorkshire Puddings and sweet corn are the two things she loves the most. 

10. How many cars does your family have?
None! I don't drive, although I'm determined to learn next year.

11. Weight gain before pregnancy, during and after and now?
I put on a silly amount of weight when I was pregnant, all together it was 4st 7lb, and I've lost 4 stone of it so far. 

12. Dream holiday with your kids?
My dream holiday with Grace would be to Disney Land, either America or Paris. I think she would be so excited to see all the characters - plus I'd be like a little child too! 

13. Dream holiday without your kids?
Disney Land still! Although the America one would be pretty amazing. I've always wanted to go to America, it's the one place I dream of travelling to.

14. How has your life changed since your baby has been born?
I think I'm a lot less selfish, Grace comes first no matter what. I'm always busy and never get the time to just sit, whereas before if everything was done I'd happily slob out and do nothing for the rest of the day, with a child that's impossible. 

15. Finish the sentence: 'It makes my heart melt to see … '
My daughter smile and laugh. 

16. Where do you shop for your kids?
Everywhere really, I'm not too fussy with brands as long as they wash well! The one place I don't like buying her clothes from is Primark - purely because of how quick they shrink in the wash. I love Zara kids and river island though, they are so cute. 
 
 
17. Favourite makeup and skincare products?
Make up would have to be the No7 foundation, oh and Benefit Hoola bronzer. And my favourite skincare products are generally from Clinique or Nivea.

18. Huggies or Pampers?
In terms of nappies I think both are useless, but Huggies wipes are brilliant! 

19. Have you always wanted kids?
Not really, I always wanted kids when I was older, in my 30's, but I'm glad I had Grace.

20. Best part about being a mum?
I think just watching Grace learn new things and grow, and become her own little person and see her personality come through. Plus waking up so a smiling little face every morning is infectious, she's my world. 

Hope you enjoyed this tag.. I tag anyone who hasn't done it yet! 

Holls xo

No comments

Post a Comment

My photo
22 year old textile designer & mum to a little miracle.
© Fallingforgrace
Maira Gall