Sunday, 21 February 2016

No7 Stay Perfect Foundation review

Hello! 
If you read my posts often you'll know that I love the No 7 Stay Perfect foundation. It is the one foundation that nothing seems to beat and it has been my daily foundation for at least a year now. I've been asked to review this quite a few times so I thought it was time to share my views on this amazing product. 
 

Firstly, the bottle. It has a brilliant pump, which I love about foundations, it's very easy to get the correct amount onto your face, I generally use two pumps, purely because I like a bit more coverage as it is a very lightweight foundation. 

It has a brilliant undertone, it's not orange like some foundations can be, and rarely looks 'cakey' on the skin. I use the shade 'cool ivory' and I probably need to admit that my skin has become a lot paler in the winter so really I should try the shade lighter, but it still doesn't look like I am wearing a foundation too dark for my skin tone. A quick tip as well, because No7 foundations can only be purchased in Boots, (I think) make sure you try the match test they normally offer - the lighting in the shops is useless and you'll end up having 3 shades darker than what you should have, it is one of the few match tests that are normally correct. 

The foundation itself is faultless, it honestly does last all day (and the next day if you're being naughty and forget to take your make up off - I'm guilty.) It is very lightweight, durable and easy to apply, I tend to use my beauty blender and it does the job brilliantly.

Over my foundation I tend to use the Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder, purely because the No7 Stay Perfect foundation can leave a bit of a shine to your face, I have quite an oily t-zone and on bad skin days this can mean that my foundation looks overly shiny, however I use a little pressed powder and it works wonders with the foundation bringing an even skin tone and no over-oily areas. I have tried the No7 pressed powder but it wasn't too good. 

Overall the No7 Stay Perfect foundation is my all time favourite, I have tried high-end and cheap foundations and non have come close to this one. It's faultless and works wonders on any skin tone, and considering some foundations price tag, this is relatively reasonable at £14.99. My holy grail of make up. 

Hope you enjoyed this little review. Have you tried this foundation? Let me know what you think in the comments! 

Holls xo 

No comments

Post a Comment

My photo
22 year old textile designer & mum to a little miracle.
© Fallingforgrace
Maira Gall