Thursday, 25 February 2016

Why I love being a blogger

Hello! 
I had a look the other day how long I have had my blog, and it's been 4 years in April! Wow. 
I haven't always worked so hard on my blog but for the past 2 years I have really focused my attention on it. I'll admit there have been times where I have doubted myself as to why I put so much effort into posts and trying my hardest, but then there are other days where I think 'wow, I love doing this!' Here are a few reasons why I love blogging... 

When I first started blogging I was finishing my last year in sixth form at school. I didn't take writing really seriously to be honest and it was something to occupy my spare time and I was curious to try it out for myself - it was also a tool to procrastinate so I didn't have to do my school work, turns out I'm still using that excuse 4 years later ha ha!
As the years have gone by I have enjoyed it more than I expected, over the past few years a lot has changed in my life; I've finished my a levels, went to university, left university, had a job, and then fell pregnant and became a mum. As I've grown as a person I feel my blog has with me, and it's always been on the side through a long period of my life, and as the years have progressed so has my love for writing. I've never really had many hobbies either, apart from my sewing but eventually that became my work. For me, blogging has always been, probably, one of my only hobbies and has been something I have thoroughly enjoyed doing in my spare time. 

One of the main reasons I love blogging is the one thing I didn't think would happen, but something I have come to realise lately - how much my confidence has grown - not only with writing but within myself. I started blogging when I was only 18 years old, I was quite a shy and anxious person, caught in the middle of a teenager's attitude to life but wanting that more grown up lifestyle, however I had really bad confidence issues and was scared of trying new ventures. Blogging in a weird way helped me see my strengths, but also my weaknesses in order to work on them. It helped me come to terms with some deeper issues, like when I was asked by The Priory to write about mental health stigma, or my own issues with panic attacks and anxiety. With delving into the more personal issues within my self I think I've actually stopped to address the issues, and whilst doing that I hope that I've helped a few people along the way. 

Making new friends whilst blogging has been another thing I didn't expect I'd achieve. I've spoke to so many different people, whom I would never have had the chance to talk to. It's such a big community out there and it's brilliant how everyone looks out for each other. 

Finally, I would be lying if I didn't say that trying new products is an amazing opportunity. The reason why I have my blog is purely because writing is a passion of mine, not to make money or get freebies, however when you're offered something that you genuinely want to try,  it is obviously a huge bonus (this rarely happens by the way! Ha ha.) 99% of the time I buy the products with my own money that I talk about or review, and it's brilliant to try new things that I wouldn't generally buy because I would tend to stick to what I knew. As an avid reader of blogs and watching youtubers, I love seeing tips and tricks, so it's fantastic to know that when I find something that helps me and I share it, I'm then helping someone else, or so I hope! 

As the years go by, I love being a blogger more and more, I can't wait for all the new ideas I have planned! 
 Are you a blogger? If so, what's the thing you love the most? Let me know in the comments 

Holls xo

No comments

Post a Comment

My photo
22 year old textile designer & mum to a little miracle.
© Fallingforgrace
Maira Gall